- I found that my melon ball tool was perfect for scooping out the cookie dough into smooth spheres.
These were crumbly, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth delicious cookies. I'm thrilled to add them to my cookie repertory.
- Lauryn of the blog Bella Baker chose the muffins for us to bake this week. If you'd like to bake them, you can find the recipe on Lauryn's post.- I had some whole wheat flour left after milling it for the Buffalo Barn Raisers bread that I baked earlier in the week, so I used it in these muffins. The whole wheat flour made up a little less than half of the total amount of flour in the muffins.
Food 52 is the brainchild of Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs and is one of the most fun and useful food sites on the internet. Not only does it have weekly themed recipe contests with really good recipes, a wildly entertaining annual cookbook tournament, and a cool shop, there's also a helpful forum that provides answers to cooking questions.
- You can find the recipe here.
- I increased the recipe by half, using 3 cups of pecans instead of the recipe's 2 cups.
- The recipe is quick to throw together unless you are cracking 3 cups of pecans. Even with my spiffy cracking machine, it took a bit of time to separate the nuts from the shells. Of course, it would be a cinch if you started with already-shelled nuts.
n.o.e.'s notes:- Christine of BlackCatCooking chose this week's recipe. If you'd like the recipe for the pots de creme, click over to her post to find it.
- I served the pots plain so that we could assess/appreciate the chocolate flavor.