Monday, August 25, 2008

Quintessential Peanut Butter Cookies


We've made these peanut butter cookies several times this summer, and they are the best I've ever eaten! I think the key is the high peanut butter-to-other-ingredients ratio.

Our changes: We omitted the chocolate chips and didn't use sugar to roll the cookies. While we think that chocolate is, as a general proposition, great with peanut butter, these cookies are such peanut-y perfection that they deserve to stand on their own in peanut splendor.

The Verdict:
These are IT for peanut butter cookies.

Gotta love the criss-crosses!

{update} Here's an ice cream sandwich made with honey-vanilla ice cream. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally just made my day!! I love these cookies and yours look fabulous!!
I read your blog all the time, I love it! That creamed corn with bacon sounds FAB!!